LTK

Friday, March 20, 2015

Freestyle Friday 3/20







1. Last week, I went to a Raleigh Blog Society event in downtown Apex, which by the way, is the cutest little town ever and I want to move there.  Ever watch Hart of Dixie? Downtown Apex reminds me of Bluebell, AL.  So quaint, charming, and colorful.  They also have some fabulous shops.  We sipped and shopped around in Moon and Lola first before walking over to Stylish Living and a few other shops.  


These lavender 'Suzano' earrings caught my eye with the unique color while also being the perfect size to wear to work all day long so I ended up buying a pair.  The earring selection on their website goes on for pages and I love them all.  The staff were SO fun too and helped me decide between my favorites.

Some other Moon and Lola favorites:



I am always writing down lists of things so I picked up this adorable note pad in Stylish Living.  Stylish Living is the perfect place to stop by to find a unique gift for someone of ANY age.  They have the best candle selection, note pads of all sorts, jewelry for days, soaps, and pretty much everything.  



How cute is this bird nest tray?! I put it on my nightstand to put all my smaller earrings on for now and it is the perfect addition.  This would also be a great gift for a friend.  You can never have too many trays.  I also picked up this candle but in the scent 'Paris' which smells like heaven. I'm telling you, I was obsessed with Stylish Living.  You can check them out on facebook!

Thank you to Meghan (Champagne and Suburbs) for planning such a fun night!

2. Looking at my calendar for the summer gets me really excited.  I've also decided that I am loving high-waisted bikinis this year.  I totally understand if they weird you out because at first glance they kindof resemble granny panties but once you put one on, you will fall in love too! They are so flattering on so many body types and they look so classic.  
3. I've grown up listening to all sorts of music and never going a day without making time for myself to listen to some good jams.  My dad taught me 'Rock 101' on the way to school each morning and quizzed me on classic rock bands when I was little.  I love country dearly and I also like pop and R&B.  Lately though, I've been on a "Christian Rock" kick and I mean every day driving to work listening to the same pandora station.  Listen to "Casey Darnell" pandora and you can thank me later.   Listening to this music suddenly makes me feel 20x better and have a more positive outlook on everything.  Some of my favorites are:

I hope everyone has a happy Friday and a great weekend! My older sister, Kylie, her husband and kids are coming down to my parents' house this weekend so we're going to have a cookout on Saturday.  I love seeing my niece and nephew! They live in Richmond so I don't get to see them too often but when I do, it's the best time.  On Sunday, I'm celebrating Delta Gamma's Founders Day with some friends who I haven't seen in a LONG time! It's going to be a fun and busy weekend.  

PS: Don't forget to follow Pretty in the Pines on facebook and instagram

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I had such a great time meeting you! Love all your picks. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving high waisted bathing suits too but I am not sure if I'll be able to pull them off or not! :) Hope you had a great weekend with your family! Xo, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

© Pretty In The Pines. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig